- Worked on the Los Angeles Revitalization Master Plan - Developed and implemented extensive community outreach programs - Designed and permitted the Spring Street Parklets - Built and employed hydraulic models to help design the Los Angeles River - Developed vacant lots into community gardens, farms and yards - Directed and filmed groundbreaking theater and movies. Alexand … Read More- Worked on the Los Angeles Revitalization Master Plan
- Developed and implemented extensive community outreach programs
- Designed and permitted the Spring Street Parklets
- Built and employed hydraulic models to help design the Los Angeles River
- Developed vacant lots into community gardens, farms and yards
- Directed and filmed groundbreaking theater and movies.
Alexander Robinson is a landscape architect and assistant adjunct professor of landscape architecture at the University of Southern California. He worked on the Los Angeles River Revitalization Master Plan and is currently working with regional engineering agencies to develop new L.A. River designs with his students at USC.
Abigail Feldman is a landscape architect and the founder of, Heavy Meadow, based in New Orleans, Louisiana. She launched and directed the Growing Home program for the New Orleans Redevelopment Authority. She helped transform over a 1000 vacant lots into community gardens, farms, and yards with families from The Lower 9th Ward to Lakeview.
Margot Jacobs currently works as a project manager and designer at Mia Lehrer + Associates. Drawing on her background in art and design, Margot focuses on combining innovative ideas and sustainable practices while seeking out solutions that greatly enhance living environments, evoking connections between built, social and natural realms.
Jodie Bass’s work centers on the confluence of design and social engagement by conscientious construction through both critical and hands-on methods. She is an Exhibition Designer at Los Angeles County Museum of Arts her recent work includes Drawing Surrealism, Lost Line, and Shinique Smith.
Kelly Majewski’s design work has covered a wide range of scales and types; from street furnishings to large scale urban and landscape master planning projects. Kelly has worked for multiple award winning Landscape Architecture firms. She is a strong advocate for community involvement in the design process and has led multiple public outreach meetings and workshops.
Daveed Kapoor is an architect who contributes a diverse range of experience, united by his consistent passion for space that improves the quality of people’s lives. Daveed founded Utopiad.org, a land development and architecture collective focused on redressing social justice issues. With the DLANC Complete Streets Working Group he helped design and was permit architect of the Spring Street Parklets.
Lars Jan is writer, film-maker and the artistic director of Early Morning Opera, a genre-bending performance + art lab. He has made artworks about TED talks, Laika the Soviet space dog, land art, and suicide bombing. Lars’ work has been supported by many significant artistic institutions. He is also a 2013 TED Senior Fellow and is currently developing a public spectacle about flooding and the future of empathy.