V2K HELPER Foundation’s overarching achievement is having won the trust of the community it serves. The organization has been a resource for families for over 13 years, continually refining programs and services to best meet the changing needs of a diverse population. Consequently V2K HELPER has access to a large population of low- and middle-income families who trust the organization to provide respectful guidance
… Read More
V2K HELPER Foundation’s overarching achievement is having won the trust of the community it serves. The organization has been a resource for families for over 13 years, continually refining programs and services to best meet the changing needs of a diverse population. Consequently V2K HELPER has access to a large population of low- and middle-income families who trust the organization to provide respectful guidance and effective services.
The organization is consistently sought out as a collaborative partner by other community agencies and has an excellent track record of responsibly managing funding from state, county, public, private, and corporate funders. Following are some specific ways V2K HELPER has been recognized as exemplifying excellence in its field:
* Since 1999, V2K-HELPER has been funded by the City of Los Angeles services to implement a comprehensive violence prevention/intervention program.
* Since 2007, V2K-HELPER has implemented City of Los Angeles GRYD Program in multiple Zones, providing services to youth and young adults with an annual budget of at least $750,000.
* Community Development, with an emphasis on low-to-moderate (LMI) communities and individuals addressing: small business education, business retention, entrepreneurial and employment training, and workforce development programs
* Community Development, with an emphasis on affordable housing
* Currently we provide direct service and linkages to the following services free of charge each month to approximately 200 men, women and children:
o Comprehensive wrap-around services that include
ï‚§ gang intervention,
ï‚§ conflict resolution,
ï‚§ substance abuse,
ï‚§ Job training and placement services,
ï‚§ tattoo removal,
ï‚§ mental health services
We provide a myriad of services throughout Los Angeles County, with primary emphasis in Venice Beach and South Central Los Angeles. Our academic arm provides a professionally and socially enriched facility for graduate and undergraduate training. Venice 2000/ H.E.L.P.E.R. Foundation is considered to be a model at-risk youth service facility and therefore attracts interns and social work students from major universities, such as USC, Loyola Marymount University, and University of California Los Angeles. We subscribe to comprehensive, integrated, community-based collaborative approach providing services to youth that enhances community safety while strengthening and preserving families. Our guiding philosophy is that children and youth must be preserved if the integrity of our society at-large is to be preserved. If families are to be responsible units, they must have access to healthy living environments, adequate food, and education for all its members, employment, and access to health services and freedom from gang, domestic and civil violence.