play / 2016
Website of all LA's Arts & Science events / schedules
Are any other organizations collaborating on this proposal?
Induction Productions, Imageworks, Chicago, Caltech, Steve Allen Theater, Bootleg Theater, Trees of Shade, Inc.
Please describe your project proposal.
UEP project seeks to build a website to list arts & science events in LA. It will be all in one spot and united. The site is populated with curated, accessible and affordable choices. We will seek short interviews to the events to humanize and engage all sizes and shapes of humans to attend. UEP wants people to learn how easily, enjoyably and important navigating all levels of art & science can be.
Which of the play metrics will your proposal impact?
- Access to open space and park facilities
- Attendance at major league sporting events
- Number (and quality) of informal spaces for play
- Number of children enrolled in afterschool programs
- Number of parks with intergenerational play opportunities
- Number of residents with easy access to a “vibrant” park
- Per capita crime rates
- Perceived safety
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
- Central LA
- East LA
- San Gabriel Valley
- San Fernando Valley
- South LA
- South Bay
- Gateway Cities
- Antelope Valley
- County of Los Angeles
- City of Los Angeles
- The website can list significant events beyond LA
Describe in greater detail how your proposal will make LA the best place to play?
1) We will have one destination accessible by phone or internet to show all the arts & science happening in LA 2) We will focus on accessible, high quality events to widen support. 3) We will bring arts & science back together again as they should always be together on the site and in peoples minds. 4) We will do short video interviews to add to the site and engage those interested in events. 5) Free listings and perusing of the site will keep the accessibility high.
Please explain how you will define and measure success for your project.
We will define success by 1) how many people hit our site. 2) How many people attend the events they read about on the site. 3) By how many people give interviews for their events on the site and seek to post their events on the site. 4) By how many people stuck in either science or arts find the other side and its importance and usefulness for balancing them both together.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Advisors/board members
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles etc.)
- Technical infrastructure (computers etc.)
- Community outreach
- Network/relationship support
- Quality improvement research
- I never say no to support, even 'other'