learn / 2015
Technology for the Classroom
Redeemer Elementary is a small private Christian school located in West LA. To enhance student learning and better prepare children for today's tech-savvy society, we would like to implement technology in the classroom. We would LOVE to have SMART Boards or even something as simple as projectors in every classroom. Help us enhance student learning and make the future successful for students. Lets make LA the best place to LEARN!
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
How do you plan to use these resources to make change?
- Enhance student learning by providing them with an engaging learning experiences and hands on activities
How will your proposal improve the following “Learn” metrics?
- Percentage of children enrolled in early education programs
- Percent of community college students completing a certificate, degree, or transfer-related program in six years
- Youth unemployment and underemployment
- District-wide graduation rates
- HS student proficiency in English & Language Arts and Math
- Academic Performance Index* scores
- Truancy rates in elementary and middle schools (Dream Metric)
Describe in greater detail how you will make LA the best place to learn.
At Redeemer Elementary we educate our students academically, socially and spiritually. We have passionate teachers who work hard to make learning applicable and enjoyable for our students. We believe that by implementing technology in the classroom we will not only enhance student learning but we will prepare students for the technological-advanced society we live in. Not only will technology enhance learning but it will boost student participation and will reach all types of learners. We want to grow and transform Redeemer into an elite Christian private school for ALL children in the LA area. Because Redeemer is a small, affordable, private school our funding is limited. With the help of this grant we can help students reach their full potential and obtain a successful future. What’s more important than the next generation of Los Angeles?
Please explain how you will evaluate your work.
We will keep accurate records of student performance after implementing the technology in the classroom. It will be interesting to see how student participation and test scores are affected from the use of technology.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Money (financial capital)
- Technical infrastructure (computers, etc.)