live / 2015
Live Well Pico Union
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
- Clinica Romero Pico Union Clinic Site
How do you plan to use these resources to make change?
- Engage residents and stakeholders
- Expand a pilot or a program
How will your proposal improve the following “Live” metrics?
- Healthcare access
- Obesity rates
- Rates of mental illness
- Percentage of residents receiving coordinated healthcare services (Dream Metric)
Please explain how you will evaluate your work.
Clinica Romero will
-Install a minimum of 5 outdoor exercise stations -Provide nutrition classes to the local community -Engage in counseling to find the root causes of chronic obesity and diabetes -Publicize availability of workshops and exercise space -Maintain social media presence.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Money (financial capital)
- Publicity/awareness (social capital)
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles, etc.)
- Community outreach