create / 2015
Interactive Live Theatre where the audience moves through the story and plays their part in the tale
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
- South LA
How do you plan to use these resources to make change?
- Implement a pilot or new project
- Expand a pilot or a program
How will your proposal improve the following “Create” metrics?
- Employment in the creative industries
- Arts establishments per capita
- Number of high growth startups
- Venture capital investment
- Measures of cultural and global economic influence (“soft power”) (Dream Metric)
Describe in greater detail how you will make LA the best place to create.
I’ll begin with a Yelp review from last year’s play: “I wish that this was an event that ran year round. It’s not just a Halloween spectacle. Delusion is a thought-out, engaging, creative, well written play that for Los Angeles where ,we are all use to the special effects and tricks, is incredibly impressive.” We have the best of the best here. And our theatre event utilizes all aspects of the talent pool, from professional stuntmen and women and actors, to storytellers and original composers. Delusion’s fan base is growing rapidly. They desperately want to revert to a more tangible life, free of the confines of technology. With Delusion, you enter a real world chilling tale with only your wits about you. For us at Delusion, nothing with ever beat the intimacy and lasting psychological effects of a moving play where every guest plays a part in the story.
Please explain how you will evaluate your work.
My creative and production team keep things moving efficiently. This is our greatest passion so we will constantly monitor our progress.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Money (financial capital)
- Volunteers/staff (human capital)
- Publicity/awareness (social capital)
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles, etc.)