live / 2015
Help Save The LAnd with Farm LA
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
- East LA
- City of Los Angeles
- Particularly focused in areas with unbuildable land.
How do you plan to use these resources to make change?
- Conduct research
- Engage residents and stakeholders
- Implement a pilot or new project
- Expand a pilot or a program
- Mobilize for systems change
- Advocate with policymakers and leaders
- Implement and track policy
- Beautify derelict land in Los Angeles
How will your proposal improve the following “Live” metrics?
- Access to healthy food
- Number of households below the self-sufficiency index
- Percent of imported water
- Obesity rates
- Walk/bike/transit score
- Rates of mental illness
- Percentage of LA communities that are resilient (Dream Metric)
- Percentage of tree canopy cover (Dream Metric)
Please explain how you will evaluate your work.
Our current evaluation process consists of measuring square footage converted and number of plants planted. Our future statistics and record keeping to evaluate our effectiveness will include: monetary donations, pounds of produce, visitors to site, new volunteer sign-ups, volunteer hours accumulated, weight-loss success stories, kilowatts generated and gallons of water produced.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Money (financial capital)
- Volunteers/staff (human capital)
- Publicity/awareness (social capital)
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles, etc.)
- Technical infrastructure (computers, etc.)
- Community outreach
- Network/relationship support
- Quality improvement research