live / 2015
Golden Heart Ranch... Creating Opportunities for Special Needs Young Adults.
We propose to build the best place to live for young adults with special needs. Golden Heart Ranch will have on and off site jobs, residential housing, opportunities for social events and community friendships. We are building an intentional community of the future that will give our special needs kids, teens and young adults the arena to reach their fullest potential.
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
- San Fernando Valley
- County of Los Angeles
How do you plan to use these resources to make change?
- Engage residents and stakeholders
- Implement a pilot or new project
- Expand a pilot or a program
- Advocate with policymakers and leaders
How will your proposal improve the following “Live” metrics?
- Access to healthy food
- Healthcare access
- Exposure to air toxins
- Number of households below the self-sufficiency index
- Percent of imported water
- Obesity rates
- Housing affordability
- Rates of mental illness
- Percentage of LA communities that are resilient (Dream Metric)
Please explain how you will evaluate your work.
Our work is measured by the success of our clients through vocational training programs which lead to employment in our communities. We measure success in our Sports programs by constantly raising the bar and keeping data on each individual and they reach new milestones. Our success is easily measured through our constant improvement and expectations in our top notch programs.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Money (financial capital)
- Volunteers/staff (human capital)
- Publicity/awareness (social capital)
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles, etc.)
- Technical infrastructure (computers, etc.)
- Community outreach
- Network/relationship support
- Quality improvement research