live / 2015
Enhancing the perspectives of todays youth and equipping them with life skills to help mankind.
o educate at risk youth about the risks and consequences of distracted and impaired driving. To educate youth about high risk behavior and habits, and then provide beneficial instruction on how to make quality life choices in the alternate. To educate youth about drugs, alcohol, bullying, aberrant sexual practices, and other harmful/anti-social behavior. To educate youth about the inherent dignity and human rights of other races, ethnicities, and religions, around the world.
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
- County of Los Angeles
- City of Los Angeles
- Various High Schools, Colleges, and Universities throughout Los Angeles County.
How do you plan to use these resources to make change?
- Engage residents and stakeholders
- Implement a pilot or new project
- Marketing, advertising, to bring substantially greater awareness to the social ills my non profit addresses.
How will your proposal improve the following “Live” metrics?
- Obesity rates
- Rates of mental illness
- Prevalence of adverse childhood experiences (Dream Metric)
Please explain how you will evaluate your work.
We are currently seeking collaboration with licensed and skilled pediatric and adolescent mental health clinicians who possess the expertise to properly evaluate the effectiveness of our programs and their application.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Money (financial capital)
- Volunteers/staff (human capital)
- Publicity/awareness (social capital)
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles, etc.)
- Technical infrastructure (computers, etc.)
- Community outreach
- Network/relationship support
- Quality improvement research