live / 2015
Employment Enhancement Project
The Employment Enhancement Project will provide business attire and pre-employment training to low-income residents of Los Angeles. The resources provided by Clothes The Deal, will help Los Angeles residents obtain employment and achieve their career goals.
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
- Central LA
- East LA
- San Gabriel Valley
- San Fernando Valley
- South LA
- South Bay
- County of Los Angeles
- City of Los Angeles
- All low-income job seekers in Los Angeles
How do you plan to use these resources to make change?
- Expand a pilot or a program
How will your proposal improve the following “Live” metrics?
- Number of households below the self-sufficiency index
- Percentage of LA communities that are resilient (Dream Metric)
Please explain how you will evaluate your work.
Clothes The Deal will evaluate job placement rates for clients served. For all clients receiving services, a service invoice will be created. Clients contact information will be collected and stored. Clothes The Deal will evaluate job placement rates for a 6 month period after services are rendered. Employment rates will be compared to baseline employment rates provided by collaborating employment organizations/ Clothes the Deal will also measure qualitative data with testimonials and questionnaires.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Money (financial capital)
- Volunteers/staff (human capital)
- Publicity/awareness (social capital)
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles, etc.)
- Network/relationship support