live / 2015
All of Us: A Campaign to Rethink Mental Health
Idea submitted in the My LA2050 Maker Challenge by USAC Office of the President and USAC Student Wellness Commission at UCLA
Conducting a much-needed conference to educate LA about mental health, advocate for expansion of mental health services, and spread awareness to pave the way for enacting legislative change to support individuals dealing with mental health issues. A series of small projects to change the perception of mental health issues, and to expand the scope of our campaign will precede the conference.
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
- Central LA
- East LA
- San Gabriel Valley
- San Fernando Valley
- South LA
- South Bay
- Antelope Valley
- County of Los Angeles
- City of Los Angeles
How do you plan to use these resources to make change?
- Engage residents and stakeholders
- Expand a pilot or a program
- Mobilize for systems change
- Advocate with policymakers and leaders
How will your proposal improve the following “Live” metrics?
- Healthcare access
- Rates of mental illness
- Prevalence of adverse childhood experiences (Dream Metric)
- Percentage of LA communities that are resilient (Dream Metric)
- Percentage of residents receiving coordinated healthcare services (Dream Metric)
Please explain how you will evaluate your work.
We will determine the success of our project through the community’s increase in contact with mental health representatives introduced at the Conference. We will also analyze available usage data from counseling and psychological service centers to determine an increase in utilization of counseling and psychological services. This, coupled with an increase in traffic on our website, should help us evaluate the success of our Conference to a large extent.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Publicity/awareness (social capital)
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles, etc.)
- Community outreach
- Network/relationship support